Mindfulness in contact and communication. Live online training.
Eight online weekly sessions plus a day of practice, offering mindfulness practices on individual basis, in dyads and groups.
Most of our joy, and most of our stress arises in contacts and communication, where emotions and patterns are easily set off, and where it is often challenging to maintain the calm and insights from the individual meditation practice. The Interpersonal mindfulness program (IMP) helps to cultivate greater awareness, calm and wisdom in contacts and relationships.
Each week, the session will include silent meditation, contemplation on a theme, as well as Insight Dialogue practice. Throughout, individual practice will be alternated with practice in dyads and small groups. This format actually works well online! The program includes home practices yo support you between the sessions.
Requirements for participation:
This training welcomes people with meditation experience, for instance graduates from the MBSR or MBCT programs (8-week mindfulnesstraining). As IMP supports wisdom and inner calm in relationships, participants working with people, for instance as a teacher, coach, therapist or otherwise, might find the program especially helpful.
Prerequisite for IMP teacher-training
For those who are interested to continue on the path of relational mindfulness after the IMP and take the teacher training program, this IMP is one of the prerequisites for participation.
The program is offered live online via Zoom. We ask you to connect with a device that will rest on a solid surface during the sessions, and not connect via a handheld device. This helps improve connection and safety in the group. You will receive a link to connect before the start of the program.
Dates and times:
We will meet on eight Mondays from 19:30 – 22:00 hrs CET on the following dates:
Jan 24, 31, Febr. 7, 14, [no class on 21], 28, March 7, 14, 21. There is a practice day on Sunday Febr. 20 from 13:00 – 17:00 CET.
19:30 – 22:00 CET (Central European)
20:30 – 23:00 EET (East European)
06:30 – 8:30pm GMT (UK)
01:30 – 4:00pm EST (US East coast)*
10:30- 1:00pm PST (US West coast)*
*For US participants: due to daylight-saving time, the last two sessions on March,7 and 14 will start one hour later, i.e. at 2:30pm EST and 11:30am PST.
The fee for this course is E 295.
(When paying from outside the eurozone, there might be additional admin/banking costs. Please check with your bank about this.)
About the teacher
Lot Heijke is a certified Interpersonal Mindfulness teacher. She also teaches mindfulness, yoga and meditation retreats internationally, and is currently in training to become an Insight Dialogue retreat teacher.
What previous participants say about this course
- The practice was deep and very engaging (H. Campell, Canary Islands)
- It was my first time in an online course. And it was kind of a miracle. (Tapio Malinen, Finland)
- The online course format worked – and somewhat surprisingly so. I wasn’t sure what to expect at first, but found myself rapidy and pleasantly discovering opportunities that it seems only the virtual platform affords. (B.G., Vancouver, Canada)
- I loved it. It worked great. Thank you very much, Lot. The class was excellent and helped me to have a better relationship with my son. To give him more space, and to understand what that space means. (M. Yaacobi, Cambridge, Mass.)
- I noticed I practiced often in my daily life. It created a constant space for compassion. (A Chacker, Madrid)