You are eligible for certification when you have
- actively participated in the training program;
- have participated in peer group practice assignments;
- have successfully completed your pilot course under supervision;
- and have finished the program with your final work (audio files and a reflection paper about your teaching process).
The teaching team consists of highly qualified and experienced trainers. Over the years, we have all travelled the world training many hundreds of people in different countries and languages to teach MBSR. Lot Heijke (The Netherlands), Günter Hudasch, Petra Meibert (Germany), René Slikker, and Irene Willemsen (the Netherlands) look forward to working with you in this program. You can read more about us here.
- Having attended a live MBSR training as a participant.
- Having attended a silent, teacher-led meditation retreat of 5-7 days in the mindfulness- or a buddhist tradition; preferably attended before the start of the program, but before Module 3 at the latest.
- Having a professional training in the field of education, social work, medicine or other professional backgrounds. Functioning at BA level or equivalent are recommended, although comparable professional or life experience may count as well.
- Having a commited and regular meditation practice of at least one year before the start of the program.
- Experience with mindful bodywork such as yoga, t’ai chi, chi kung.
The program is offered in English. Participants are required to have a certain degree of ease in speaking and understanding English. You don’t need to be a native speaker. Participants are expected to have a copy of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Full catastrophe living (most recent edition, in a language of your choice). A good internet connection and a working camera is essential to participate. We ask you to connect via a device that rests on a solid surface during the sessions, and not via a handheld device. This provides a better connection for the whole group. You will receive a Zoom link to connect before the start.
An individual interview (online via Zoom, or by phone) is part of the registration procedure.
Dates 2021/22 program:
13 monthly weekends over a period of 1,5 years.
2021: April 10-11; | May 8-9; | June 12-13, | July 3, | Sept 25-26, | Oct 23, | Dec 4-5,
2022: Febr 5-6, | April 2-3, | May 7-8, | June 4-5, | July 2, | Sept 10-11
The course fee is 3275 euros. This includes all tuition, manuals, handouts, and background literature.
The fee may be paid in installments. The first € 125 of the fee is to be paid at the time of registration. When paid in installments, this is the schedule:
- Registration fee €125
- First non-refundable installment € 450
- € 900 before Module 1
- € 900 before Module 5
- € 900 before Module 7
Costs for 4 individual supervision sessions during your pilot course (à E 75) are not included.
* The button below will provide the registration form.
* At the time of your registration, please transfer E 125 – a deposit counting towards your tuition fee.
* Upon reception of your deposit, we will contact you for an interview (online, or by phone).
* After this, you will receive an invoice for the remainder of the course fee. (When paying in installments, this is according to the agreed dates).
* Closer to the start of the program, you will receive some more practical information about the weekends, location, etc.
If you have any questions about the program or your participation, do not hesitate to get in touch. We are happy to provide the information you need.
MBCT TEACHER TRAINING
For those who have finished the MBSR teacher training, we offer a five day MBCT teacher training. This intensive gives background to MBCT, to research done to this program, while at the same time offers the opportunity to learn how to specifically teach this program.
Developed as a relapse-prevention treatment for individuals with depressions, MBCT offers a combination of mindfulness practice and cognitive behavioral therapy. More recently, the MBCT program has also been offered successfully to people suffering from anxiety, and compulsive or bipolar disorder. In this program you learn more about the application of the program and research outcomes. Since MBCT is an 8-week program, similarly structured as MBSR, you also learn to teach the program week-by-week. The 5-day MBCT teacher training intensive is expected to start in 2022. Send us an email if you wish to be informed of course dates.